Sealed tenders are invited in single cover system for the "Re- Construction of compound wall" at National Institute of Speech & Hearing, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram.
1. NOTICE INVITING TENDER
1. Tender Ref N o: NISH/RC-CW/ADMIN/JUL2018
2. Name of Project : Re- Construction of compound wall at NISH.
3. Location : NISH, NISH Road, Sreekariyam PO , Thiruvananthapuram
4. Owner : National Institute of Speech & Hearing (NISH)
5. Tender fee : ₹440/-+ 12% GST = ₹500/- ((DD in Favor of executive Director, NISH)
6. EMD amount : ₹5, 500/- (DD in Favor of executive Director, NISH)
7. Time of Completion : 60 Days
8. Consultant : Consultant/Personnel authorized by NISH
9. Date of commencement : 7 days after issuance of work order /AOC
10.Taxes & Duties included : All taxes including work contract tax,duties, octroi, freight, insurance etc shall be included in the quoted price
11. ESI & Labour Welfare Fund : Contribution towards ESI & Labour Welfare fund shall be included in the quoted price
12. Defect Liability Period : 12 months from the date of completion as certified by the consultant
13. Insurance : All risk insurance to be taken by the contractor and proof to be submitted to client.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
A portion of the existing compound wall of NISH fallen down which needs to be reconstructed as per the quantity, schedule, terms and conditions mentioned in this tender document.
3. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED ALONG WITH THE TENDER
The following documents should be uploaded in the technical bid.
1) Tender document duly signed and sealed by the tenderer in each page.
2) Document should be submitted stating Contractors having valid registration of Kerala PWD/LSGD/CPWD having D class or above license.
3) Experience of contractors showing minimum 3 yrs in similar works.
4) PAN card copy.
5) Other Enclosures in the tender as below should be signed by the contractor and submit along with the tender.
a) Annexure 1 : BOQ (Bill of quantities)
4. INSTRUCTIONS TO TENDERERS
1. Tenderer shall inspect the site, study the specification, conditions of tender, conditions of contract, and terms of payment etc. in detail before submission of tender.
2. The quantities shown in BOQ (Bill of Quantities) in the tender documents are approximate and shall vary widely. It is likely to delete items which are in the BOQ or add items which are not in the BOQ, if found necessary during execution of work. The owner/architect reserves the right to alter the drawings, specifications, in the interest of the work/project.
3. Tender documents consist of Notice inviting tender, general conditions, Conditions of contract, Special condition, Communications for conduct of contract work, Safety code, Schedule of quantities and drawings, Mode of measurement etc. Tenderer shall sign all the pages of the documents in token of having read the tender documents fully.
4. The tenderer shall submit his rate in full without, leaving/altering the BOQ or specification contained in the tender documents. The owner reserves the right to adjust arithmetical or other errors in the tender. Arithmetical error in the event of quoting, if found, the description in words should prevail over figures. In the event of error in the amount column arising out of multiplication of quantities and rates, unit rate of item shall be regarded as firm and the amount appropriated / amended accordingly.
5. Only approved materials and workmanship are permitted. Design mix shall be allowed, subject to the approval of the consultant/owner. No escalation of rate of any sort either on labour or materials will be allowed.
6. The tenderer shall bear all the cost of investigation, site inspection for the purpose of preparation and submission of the tender such cost shall not be payable either by architect/owner/consultant to any of the tenderers.
7. The owner reserves the right to accept/reject any of the tender or accept a lowest tender or reject the same without assigning any reason. Owner reserves the right to reject all the tenders. Tenders submitted other than in the prescribed form will not be considered. Tenders received after the due date and time will not be opened/considered.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. Tender shall remain valid for a period of 120 days from the due date of receipt of tender.
2. Contract will mean the formal work order issued including schedule of rates and other schedules appended thereto, special conditions, general conditions brief specification and letter of award thereof including notice inviting tender.
3. Owner means the National Institute of Speech and Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekariyam P.O, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 583
4. The work shall be executed properly and truly, set to perfect lines, plumbs and levels as indicated on drawings and as instructed.
5. It is deemed that you have thoroughly read, studied and acquainted yourself with specifications, nature and standard of work and other general/special conditions in respect of this work, besides site conditions, type of soil, water availability etc.
6. GST and any other taxes/ duties put by the Government from time to time shall be deducted from all your payments as applicable under the prevalent rules and law, applicable during each payment.
8. The owner reserves the right to award the contract to several contractors by bifurcating the scope of work among such contractors. The contractor quoting for the work shall have no claim whatsoever against such bifurcation of work among several tenderers.
9. The EMD of the unsuccessful bidders will be refunded within 120 days from the date of submission of the tender. EMD of the successful bidder will be refunded after the satisfactory completion of work.
10. All the deposits of E.M.D money will not bear any interest whatsoever.
11. The work shall be carried out to the entire satisfaction of the site in-charge and the owner instructions shall be followed strictly.
12. You shall indemnify the owner against any claim of payment of your labourers engaged by you directly and indirectly.
13. Work shall not be considered as finished and completed unless you have obtained the completion certificate from the Project In-charge of the work duly approved by architects/ consultants.
14. You shall also be expected to remain within the framework of labour laws and maintain the necessary records as per legal requirement of labour laws. In case of any casualty you should indemnify the owner from all claims, damages arising of that account.
15. The completion time of the work shall be the essence of the contract. You shall carry out and complete the entire project according to the programs and progress chart laid down by the owner/consultant.
16. In case of your work is found unsatisfactory from the point of program and progress and found not upto the mark from the point of quality, then the contract can be terminated without any notice and without assigning any reasons whatsoever. No compensation, therefore shall be payable under any reasons or circumstances and the balance work left incomplete by you shall be got executed and completed at your risk and cost through any other agencies appointed by the owner as deemed fit.
17. All skilled and unskilled labour employed by you shall be fully experienced and of class required for the nature of work to be executed by them.
18. No escalation of labour wages or market rate of materials is payable to the contractor.
19. The Contractor shall make his own arrangements of electricity and water supply. However, the same as available at site may be made use of by the contactor without affecting the work of other agencies in any way. The institution takes no responsibility of for the supply of either electricity or water.
20. All taxes (direct & indirect), duties & levies such as octroi, sales tax, royalty, terminal tax (presently in force or which may come on force in future) etc. on works and materials shall be payable by the Contractor. The rates quoted by the contractor shall be deemed to be inclusive of all such taxes, duties, levies etc. and any increase there on.
21. The work shall be carried out in accordance with the Indian Standard Specifications, wherever our contract specifications are silent.
22. The owner shall give all instructions in writing and no verbal instruction shall be deemed to be binding, nor shall any work executed in pursuance to verbal instructions be measured/paid.
23. On completion, the site ground shall be handed over by the contractor, free of rubbish entirely in a neat and tidy condition.
24. On commencement of work, the contractor shall submit document detailing the schedule for completion of the project, to the owner and get their approval before commencement of work.
25. Damage, if any caused by the contractor to the existing services/ buildings shall be made good by the contractor without any extra cost.
26. Contractor will be responsible for making good the defects imperfections, distortions or any faults detected for a period of one year after handing over the building to the owner.
27. The contractor at his own cost shall remove from site all the loose stones, bricks, debris, brush wood etc. and keep the work place clean always as directed or otherwise the owner will engage labourers for the same at the contractors cost.
28. Contractors at his own cost shall provide adequate office accommodation with provision of light and toilet facilities etc. to clerk/ labourer of works. The contractor shall properly maintain the same.
29. There will not be any scope for any type of arbitration to the contractor.
30. In the case of item rate contracts, the rate for extra items shall be wetted rate submitted by the contractor as per prevailing market rate with its labour constituent by the consultant/owner..
6. CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. In constructing these conditions, the specifications, the priced schedule of quantities, tender and work order, the following words shall have the meanings herein assigned to them except where the subject or context otherwise requires: -
a. "Owner" shall mean M/s. National Institute of Speech and Hearing, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 583 and his (their) heirs, legal representatives, assigns, and successors.
b. "Contractor" shall mean Mr./Messrs. .......... and his (their) heirs, legal representatives, assigns, and successors of successful tenderer.
c. "Site" shall mean the site of the contract works for NISH, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram
d. "Work" shall means execution of conversion work of two rooms into a baby care center in the campus, National Institute of Speech & Hearing (NISH) Thiruvananthapuram as per BOQ and Indian Standard Specification in all respects.
e. "Drawing" shall mean construction and drawings attached along with tender schedule as and when issued duly signed.
f. Specification shall mean as per relevant IS shall be adopted for the execution purpose including measurement for running bills.
g. Payment shall mean amount payable to the contractor on successful completion of work. Contractor shall submit final bills to the architect for checking and verification after joint measurements. Such bills shall be verified and certified by the consultant. All such bills recommended by the consultant shall be paid to the contractor after deducting Income tax, commercial tax, AST, Work contract Tax, other applicable taxes and contributions towards ESI and construction workers welfare fund by the client. All bills for payment should be addressed to the Owner and copy submitted to the consultant.
2. Schedule of Program shall mean contractor's detailed work program prepared and submitted before the work.
3. Rate shall be unit rate for each item of work.
4. Safety measures: Contractor shall take necessary insurance for labour material and work at his own cost. Contractor shall practice safety measures as per National Building Code. It is the sole responsibility of the contractor to see that equipment/ form work etc is handled by skilled persons with adequate experience.
5. Settlement of disputes: Generally the instructions of Engineer in-charge shall be final and contractor shall carry out works as per his instructions. Any other disputes either in measurements or in quality, consultant/architect opinion shall be final.
6. Extra item: It is clarified that for all authorized extra items, rates will be worked as per condition given in 'General Condition'
7. Recovery: Water and energy charges shall be metered and recovered from the contractors. All necessary metering equipment and accessories shall be installed and maintained in accordance with KSEB/KWA Regulations and all the cost shall be afforded by the contractor.
8. Materials and Workmanship: Materials not confirming to the specification shall be removed from site of work immediately on the instructions of engineer in charge at contractor's own cost. Skilled workmen in the opinion of site in charge, if found inefficient shall be replaced by excellent regular skilled labour. Contractor shall not employee apprentice worker in the site.
7. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. The work shall be arranged and executed in such a way that it will not affect the activities in the campus in any way whatsoever.
2. All work areas shall be kept reasonably clean for easy movement of men and materials.
3. All approach roads shall be reasonably free for easy movement of vehicles.
4. All debris shall be removed and site should be cleaned every day. If the contractor fails to do this, employer will arrange for the same and the cost will be deducted from contractor's bill at actuals.
5. Safety apparel and equipment shall be provided to the workmen as the nature of work warrants.
6. Temporary cables and wires should so route as not to clutter the work areas, temporary electrical lines for power and lighting shall be run overhead and should be high enough not to hinder movement of men, materials and vehicles.
7. All joints in the temporary wires and cables should be properly insulated.
8. All operators of construction equipment and all tradesmen engaged in different construction activities shall be adequately qualified, experienced and proficient to carry out all their jobs in a safe manner.
9. First aid kits and personnel adequately trained to administer 'First Aid' shall be readily available for emergencies.
10. Portable hand lamps being used by construction crew shall be preferably connected on 24 volts supply. If 230 volts hand lamps are used, the cables shall be heavily insulated and adequately protected, the bulbs should be protected with safety shields.
11. The contractor shall not in the performance of the contract in any manner endanger safety or unlawfully interfere with the convenience of the public.
12. The contractor shall ensure that all erection/ testing equipment, tools, tackle, apparatus and materials are in good working conditions, fit for the purpose for which they are employed and that all certificates/ permits/ licenses, etc. required under any law or regulation for the same and all such certificates/ permits/ licenses required under any law or regulations for the skilled labour, technicians etc. are available and valid during the entire period of the execution of the work under the contract.
8. SAFTEY CODE
1 First aid appliances including adequate supply of sterilized dressing and cotton wool shall be kept in a readily accessible place.
2 An injured shall be taken to a Public Hospital without loss of time, in cases where the injury necessitates hospitalization.
3 Workers employed on mixing and handling material such as asphalt, cement mortar or concrete and lime mortar shall be provided with protective footwear and rubber hand and gloves.
Interested parties may send the tender documents duly filled up, signed and inserted in a sealed cover should forward to the Executive Director, National Institute of Speech & Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekariyam P. O., Thiruvananthapuram 695 017 on or before 14:30 hrs, 26/07/2018 super scribed with "Tenders for the reconstruction work of compound wall at NISH" which will be opened at 15:00 Hrs. on the same day.
Tender Inviting Authority